Re: [Gnumed-devel] explanation about changes requested

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] explanation about changes requested
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 22:28:43 +1000

On Sun, 28 Apr 2002 21:38, syan tan wrote:
> the main stream client and sql were changed , due to some conceptual
> bugs, which weren't explained. I later wondered if the changes to the
> v_basic_address I had made had made it impossible or difficult to
> link in a mdwimporter, and that was the main reason for recoding (

That is right. Made the importer and just about everything else what the
view was designed for impossible (namely to use it independent of a
"identity id").

> or reversion to older versions). Why were the earlier changes
> undesirable , i.e. what kind of bugs do they produce for development?

See my comments on the purpose of v_basic_address
Sorry, I was in extreme hurry because of the gnumed meetig in Lismore -
just moved into the new house after moving interstate, set up a few
computers in the shed (freezing cold at night, fingers getting clammy), a
provisional Internet connection, and sadly not enough time to write you an
email explaining the changes - as I thought I would meet you in Lismore
anyway. I apologize.

Horst