Re: [Gnumed-devel] Which Distribution - Living in the real word

From: Gerardo Arnaez
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Which Distribution - Living in the real word
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 17:10:50 -0700 (PDT)

--- richard terry <address@hidden> wrote:

> Reality: As much as Debian is loved by the purists
> the reality is that most
> doc's use windows, and those venturing into Linux
> pick an easy  to install
> distribution like Mandrake or Redhat.

true. However. I dont think most doctors are going to
install anything.  I think this is mostly the IT
departments and they would be mostly responsible for
putting in this software. Any Doctor who happens to
even know about linux at this point at time seems not
to be average doctor, and could pretty much install an
distribution. ...   Another way of what I am trying to
say is that ease of installation is not really going
to sway what most Doctors are going to use. The IT
department will decide.

Anyway, I think there was a point in reply to your
valid point.