Re: [Gnumed-devel] DrugDisplay / AMIS

From: richard terry
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] DrugDisplay / AMIS
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 22:22:56 +1000

> By the way, did anybody think about the use of something like an GUI -
> builder (Boa Constructor) or at least creating the python-GUI-code from
> some kind of definition (e.g. XML) at installation ?

Boa is interesting, and worth a play with but I found it irritating to use in
its current incarnation and still pretty buggy. My progamming skills are
still pretty minimal, but I've certainly found it easier to do it the hard
way!

>There are certainly
> other parts of the gnumed -GUI which are country-specific (e.g.
> prescriptions).

I think here we will probably end up with a gmPrescriptions_au.py ,
gmPrescriptions_de.py with some commonality.

BTW the module source code for the GUI which I've written is really shit code
and pretty basic. I'm not a programmer by nature (though I was very
proficient at visual basic - see www.gnumed.net/rterry/Index.htm in case
you've not stumbled across this). Havn't quite got the handle on wxPython
yet, and am frustrated by its limitations cf to visual basic, however Karsten
et al are fixing my code gradually (I hope).

Regards

In a (hopefully not so distant future) we might benefit