Re: [Gnumed-devel] Which Distribution - Living in the real word

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Which Distribution - Living in the real word
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 18:29:39 +1000

Gerardo Arnaez wrote:

true. However. I dont think most doctors are going to
install anything.  I think this is mostly the IT
departments and they would be mostly responsible for
putting in this software. Any Doctor who happens to
even know about linux at this point at time seems not
to be average doctor, and could pretty much install an
distribution. ...   Another way of what I am trying to
say is that ease of installation is not really going
to sway what most Doctors are going to use. The IT
department will decide.

The majority of doctors in most countries actually work in primary care (like me): no IT departments here to ut up with, we do what we decide to do our selves. The number of medical software installations in private practice in Australia dwarfes installations in hospitals where the IT departments rarely ever keep up with newer developments and molest the users with antiquated and user hostile concepts.

Horst