[Gnumed-devel] More on icons on menus

From: richard terry
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] More on icons on menus
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 00:13:56 +1000

This is probably directed at Karsten:

I note from a message I posted to the wxPython list, that one can put icons on
menu's - great, except check out the code:

 item = wxMenuItem(menu, tPopupID1,"One")
 item.SetBitmap(images.getSmilesBitmap())
menu.AppendItem(item)

ie one is back to having an image file and hence and  we are back to images in
files which then also do the:

 from wxPython.wx import wxBitmapFromXPMData, wxImageFromBitmap
import cPickle, zlib thingy

I think it is important from the gui point of view we be able to put icons
onto the menu's as a visual cue for some menu items.

Is there a way around this, so one can load the image from within the file,
without importing from an image file as above?