[Gnumed-devel] Main Toolbar design

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Main Toolbar design
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 20:29:31 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I'am just trying to write down all the data and functions which should be
implemented by the various modules of GnuMed. Starting with the Main Tool
Bar, there are some points I don't understand.

1. If notebook pages other than 'patient' are selected, many patient
related informations keep being displayed (patient photo, allergies, age,
). The widget to search patients and the icons of clearly patient related
tools (BMI, pregnancy calculator) aren't removed, too. IMHO the small
number and type of information presented wont be very helpful while
working in other modules. To see detailed information, one will have to
change to the 'patient' page, anyway.  IMHO patient related tools should
only be displayed in the patient context.

2. What is the supposed functionality of the 'Find patient' widget ? If a
new patient is selected, what should happen ? I would suggest saving the
last patients data, change to the patient context and open the new one,
displaying the patient summary. Still, there could be  more options. One
might just like to say "get the next patient on the receptionist's list"
without having to look up the name.

Hilmar