Re: [Gnumed-devel] Python gettext

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Python gettext
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 18:27:28 +1000

On Sun, 1 Sep 2002 05:43 am, Julio Jiménez wrote:
> Have any body think to use 'gettext' module?
> I thinkt it's a good way to provide internationalization for GnuMed. It
> make possible applications running under different languages.

We are using it already. In most modules (except the ones written by Richard)
you will see that there are no hardcoded strings. All strings are
encapsulated in _( ... )
the function _() is a renamed gettext() to make the code more readable.
There is a module gmI18N which takes care of localization issues

Horst