[Gnumed-devel] gmLoginDialog

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] gmLoginDialog
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 15:01:53 +0200

I have checked in gmCfg which will be merged with gmConf as
soon as Horst checks in the database stuff. I had to rewrite
the config file handling to make it a) flexible enough and b)
handle comments gracefully (i.e. not drop them silently).

Additionally to standard INI file syntax Python string lists are
handled transparently (only one level of depth). The manual
format for that:

hosts = $hosts$
host 1
IP
host 3
another host
$hosts$

This will be read in as a string list. Lists will be written
out as such.

Currently the only affected place is gmLoginDialog which I
switched over to the new API. This means that everyone should
set up a directory .gnumed/ in her homedir (delete the file
.gnumed first !). Inside that directory there needs to be a
file gnumed.conf. I will attach a sample gnumed.conf.

The gnumed.log file will automagically end up in that
directory, too.

If anything breaks tell me.