Re: [Gnumed-devel] Simplifed Logon Gui

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Simplifed Logon Gui
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 18:54:54 +1000

On Sat, 7 Sep 2002 02:46 am, Hilmar Berger wrote:
> Thought of that before. Although less beautiful in my opinion, it should
> be possible - I just right now don't know how to shrink windows. Will have
> a look in the wxPython documentation.

No need to shrink.
This Window contains a vertical box sizer.
When the "options" button is hit, you simply add the widgets you want to
display, and the Window grows. when you don't want them any more, the Window
shrinks. Nicer than popups.

I definitely think that "login" should be the rightmost button, and "cancel"
the leftmost. Else it is confusing, one has to search then. It should also
read "login", since "OK" is ambiguous (does it mean I want the parameters to
be accepted or saved, or that I want to login?)

The static location string should be user-configurable, i.e. we need an
additional text widget where you can alter it.

Horst