Re: [Gnumed-devel] distributed services

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] distributed services
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 20:09:52 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, Horst Herb wrote:

> Hilmar Berger wrote:
> > Hi, are the distributed services supposed to be functional ? I tried to
> > install 'pharmaceutica' on a database other than gnumed, but gmPG seems to
> > ignore all service-database-mappings made.
>
> Yes, the distributed services are functional. However, you must set up
> the configuration of the services in the configuratino tables, otherwise
> gmPG can't possibly know where to look for a service.
Found two small bugs in gmPG that didn't appear if no distributed service
is used - fixed. I hope I didn't mess it up (the changes are in __connect
and GetLoginInfoFor()).

If somebody wants to set up distributed services, make sure your secondary
db in table 'db' has id > 0, as 0 is always the default (gnumed) and
handled differently (I will update the manual).

Hilmar