[Gnumed-devel] Re: Howto Translation Gnumed

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Howto Translation Gnumed
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 20:18:26 +0200

Hi,

you are very welcome to provide a French translation.

Your first step would be to get GnuMed in its current form
running in you machine. For that you need to go to
gnumed/client/wxpython/ a run gnumed.py like this:

 $> python gnumed.py<Enter>

after following all the advice in the manuals.

Even if you don't get GnuMed up and running you can translate
the user interface. Take a look at the README in
gnumed/client/locale/ to learn how to do that.

I have created a basic fr.po in gnumed/client/locale/ for you
as a start (it doesn't contain any translations yet).

Hilmar/Gerardo - this file should actually become a chapter in
the Developer's Guide. I am attaching this file for reference.