[Gnumed-devel] AMH

From: Horst Herb
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] AMH
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 21:26:49 +1000

I had a talk today with somebody from the AMH (Australian Medical Handbook).
They are prepared to cooperate; my suggestion was that our users would
subscribe their drug information directly from them, and we just provide an
import module for it - and they seem to like that suggestion.

For those who do not know the AMH: it is an *independend*, generic,
non-brand-based peer reviewed drug database. Ethically far more acceptable
than MIMS, though MIMS would have the benefit of a good drug interaction
database as well. Nice to have a choice, but I will focus development on AMH
for my part.

They told me their data format currently is SGML, not quite normalized yet but
getting there. Should make importing a lot easier, I am looking forward to
the promised smaple chapters they'll send me. Hope to get permission to use a
sample chapter or two for demo purposes.

Horst