Re: [Gnumed-devel] how-to login

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] how-to login
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 08:19:24 +1000

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002 00:54, address@hidden wrote:
> sorry to post this simply question but how to login
>
> when I arrive to the login screen, I have only user : guest.
> I don't know which user I have to use.I have read the user-manual and
> configure postgres but they never ask me a password for a login.So how-to
> create a new user, and set a password for this user. Must I create a
> gnumed.conf ? and how ?
> the screen login, it's just to  log to the postegres server ?

Have you created the database on the backend yet (the *.sql scripts)? If so,
you must have done so as a specific user - that is the username you have to
use to log in.

Running the client software does NOT install the server.

If you just want to test run the application but not help development, you
will be disappointed. We will post it to the mailing lists once we have a
functional system complete for alpha/beta testing, and those systems will
come with an easy "installer".

Horst