Re: [Gnumed-devel] setup-users.py

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] setup-users.py
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 12:29:15 +0200

> Same thing, first time install and ongoing management - doctors in many areas
Not quite: IMHO it is useful to cleanly separate GnuMed
ownership from db user postgres into db user gmdb-owner which
is a db superuser who cannot create/drop databases and who
cannot connect from remote. It is also useful to have some
standard groups to which standard install-time rights for
tables can be assigned (I chose doctors, staff_medical,
staff_office, trainees_medical, trainees_office for now). One
can always customize to one's heart's content later on. Even
via the client-side interface you propose below.

> implementation. The "super user" is usually set up during the first install
> automatically in that you log in as the super user in order to install.
super user setup should be on localhost while user management
need not/may not be exclusively.