Re: [Gnumed-devel] GnuMed Packages for Debian available for testing

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GnuMed Packages for Debian available for testing
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 00:23:07 +1000

On Sat, 26 Oct 2002 00:07, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> Surely ! But first we need to _have_ the demo CD set up :-)
> Any volunteers for researching this ?

Not as easy as it seems.
Needs to initialize a ram disk, create the database on the ram disk,
initialize the database, populate the database .... every time you boot the
demo. How else would you get a backend functional, when you have no write
access?
... unless you only want to demonstrate the GUI client.

I am absolutely fascinated by Knoppix and would love to see that happen. Would
be a dream if this would actually happen before the OSHCA conference :-)))

Horst