[Gnumed-devel] gmStikoBrowser

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] gmStikoBrowser
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 23:23:49 +0100

The STIKO is the German Permanent Commission on Recommended
Vaccinations (Ständige Impfkommission) which is part of the
RKI (Robert-Koch-Institut).

My brother has kindly coded a browser for their (German) HTML
page on recommended vaccinations. I have uploaded the code as
a notebook plugin for GnuMed. The medical content can be found
under client/doc/...

This is a temporary approach - usable but mainly intended for
OSHCA. IMHO we should develop a more generic approach to
presenting medical knowledge in textbook format (that is,
reference type knowledge, not "programmatically active"
knowledge. If someone is interested in developing the
infrastructure and browser for that please contact me. I have
got tons of ideas but no time to implement them :-)