[Gnumed-devel] Drug Reference Browser (first try)

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Drug Reference Browser (first try)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 00:29:26 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I uploaded a first and at least partially functional (with AMIS, that is)
version of the drug browser to the CVS (test-area/gmDrug/*). gmDrugView
and gmDrugObject should go to python-common and gmDrugDisplay to
wxpython/gui. The browser is more or less completely controlled by an
configuration file (amis.conf is supplied as an example, works only with
AMIS).
You should add the lines
[amis]
configfile = /mypath/.gnumed/amis.conf

to your default config file ('amis' is currently hardcoded in
gmDrugDisplay)

amis.conf sets up query objects for gmDrugObject (type=query) and text
components for gmDrugView (type=format).

A basic documentation is provided (if not to say hidden) within the source
files. Handling of pivot tables has not been implemented until now.

There are *a lot* of things missing and/or unstable. The code & design is
sometimes quite ugly, but should work as a quick hack.

Please let me know if you think it's a complete mess (I always suspected
it). Karsten, could you try to have a look at it as you have AMIS
available and tell me if you see any major problems ?

Thanks, Hilmar

PS: I'm not depressed, just tired |-)