Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GnuMed Knoppix ISO image - Medix?

From: David Guest
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GnuMed Knoppix ISO image - Medix?
Date: 29 Nov 2002 06:35:26 +1100

On Fri, 2002-11-29 at 04:22, Andrew Ho wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > I would like to call this "Medix" (or any other cute name - we have to
> > make sure that we neighter violate anybody elses trademarks nor to
> > disturb Klaus Knopper when grabbing his work).
> >
> > Any opinions?
>
> Andreas,
>
> Naming remains the biggest issue - since copying/re-distribution issues
> are solved. My opinion is that the people who did the work should get to
> name it.  If they like to consult Klaus Knopper for advice, they can
> (maybe they should, since they included Knoppix in the name).
>
> Looks like for now, it is called "GnuMed Knoppix" :-). What is your view
> about continuing to use this name? I agree that it is less cute - but
> it is quite descriptive.

Guys

I am not sure if we are voting here but IMHO Medix is shorter, more
memorable and hence better. Most people outside of the OS community
don't know what Knoppix is and those who do will understand the "Medix"
contraction.

Googling "medix" suggests that there may be copyright issues however.

David

--
David Guest
GPG key ID BE79B742 @ pgp.mit.edu