Re: [Gnumed-devel] Titelzeile eines GnuMed-Fensters

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Titelzeile eines GnuMed-Fensters
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 00:53:35 +0100

Hi John,

> I'm a new contributor to GNUMed,
I know I just haven't had time yet to send an appropriate
response to your direct inquiry.

> but believe that I've been through similar
> questions at the software vendors where I've worked on EMRs.
Good ! Welcome :-)

> Studies with Users that I've done showed that they preferred to have patient
> name, gender, and age readily viewable from the title bar.  I believe that
> up to 2 years of age the healthcare provider preferred to see the age shown
> in months.

> Hope this helps!
Yes it does albeit in another area. There's one thing to know,
though, that influences this (admittedly slightly trivial)
decision: I am just talking about the title bar not the
"permanent patient details reference area". That we have right
below the menu - a single "line" with patient
name/gender/age/allergies.

The title bar holds slightly different information part of
which is redundant while a GnuMed instance is non-minimised.
The template is as follows:

"GnuMed address@hidden 3: 4"

where

1 - currently logged on user
2 - logical workplace name
3 - current activity/state of GnuMed instance
4 - patient name + ID

This way minimised windows can be identified rather accurately
by their "tooltip" string. Depending on the use of "3" some
progress can be monitored, too.

3 is intended to be changed for a) program areas such as

 "prescribing"
 "writing referral"
 "patient selection"

and b) time-consuming activities like

 "BDT import 27%"
 "claims transfer 13%"

such that a bunch of the latter windows don't eat up much screen
real estate. I like that :-)