Re: [Gnumed-devel] New developer searching for a task

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] New developer searching for a task
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 13:02:29 +0100

Hi Paolo,

two areas that need development are form input/printing.
Ian Haywood has started some work on tables for this. This is
a very important task that needs a good solution.

The other area would be input and storage of patient related
measurements. Actually this is just a subproject of storing
clinical "observations" but has some of its own requirements.
With measurements I mean things like height, weight, lab
results, etc. Basically everything that can be expressed by a
number or pseudo-number. Things that are not clinical
narrative. Christoph Meigen might be a contact in this area.

Both of these projects need good communication with potential
users, doctors that is, since a thorough understanding of how
a doctor's office works is needed.

Another area would be, of course, Italian localization. We
need translation, we need knowledge on how GP medicine works
in italy (I am just guessing from your email...) , we need to
connect to an Italian drug database...

Lots of things to pick from.

Regards,