[Gnumed-devel] gmCfg

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] gmCfg
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 16:43:46 +0100

Hi all,

I just committed an updated gmCfg to CVS. It now supports
backend storage of config options (strings, numbers and lists
of strings). Thus we can now use it to implement things like
backend based plugin load configuration or widget size
remembering, etc.

Please test, use and report.

Someone with good GUI skills might take on one of those two
projects:

1) GUI plugin configuration
(currently this is implemented client-side file based)

Upon right-clicking any of the tabs of the notebook pages a
popup menu offers the following actions:

move right
move left
unload
remove

"Unload" unloads now but reloads next time the GUI is started.
"Remove" unloads and does not reload on next GUI start.
"Move left/right" moves the page left/right in the Notebook
tab order.

If someone writes the GUI parts I'll help connect the
functionality to the backend.

2) general GnuMed configuration

This might be a whole page notebook plugin. We could just scan
the database for "our" config items and create input fields
based on their type. Explanations _should_ be found in the
backend, too (-> cfg_template.description and
cfg_template.cfg_group), subject to the programmers Camelness.

Regards,