Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: new developer... little changes to gmBMICalc &

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: new developer... little changes to gmBMICalc & gmPreg Calc
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 01:45:31 +0100

>> Michael:
>> If the above runs okay I'm baffled.  If it doesn't we
>> might be able to narrow the problem down a bit.
> Horst:
> Your example runs nicely on my box which is:
> Debian 3.0 unstable, KDE 3.04, Python 2.2.1, GTK 2.0 (& 1.2 - against which
> GTK has your wxGTK been compiled ?), wxPython 2.3.3.1, GCC 3.0.4
OK, I probably hit the roof here.

Python 2.1.1
wxGTK 2.3.2-1 -> wxPython 2.3.2.1-1

This really isn't _that_ old yet, especially the wx* stuff.
IMHO our code _should_ be able to run on it.

What happens on my box is that

- close/destroy/resize/move are disabled on the widget
- resizing by dragging the borders is disabled
- the minimize (!) button has disappeared
- hitting maximize jumps the widget to the top of the screen
- stick/unstick still works, however, as does dragging around

When I do "add scrollbar" via the window ops most of the
functionality comes back _including_ minimizing ...

Screenshot attached.

Sounds like a wx* <-> fvwm incompatibility to me.

Ah, and no icon, of course :-)  But that's most likely due to
my "old" wxWindows install...