[Gnumed-devel] gmdrugs.sql

From: Horst Herb
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] gmdrugs.sql
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 22:40:34 +1100

table drug_element:

even if we do not adopt my simplified version, I'd still suggest to get rid of
packing classifications together with substances into a single entity.

IMHO, we should have a table "substance" or "drug", which contains - just
that. Classifications (such as therapeutic of pharmacological classes) should
be separate entities and in separate tables, unless they are "unique" in
reference to a substance, where they may be incorporated as column (like ATC
codes: each drug is supposed to have one and only one ATC code (at least as
primary reference).

The more I think about it, the more I think that the proposed simplification
is not only simpler, but also more correct.

Horst