Re: [Gnumed-devel] simplifying gmdrugs.sql

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] simplifying gmdrugs.sql
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 10:29:24 +1100

Hilmar Berger wrote:

Please give us more detailed information on your complaints about the
general structure of gmdrugs so that we can discuss those problems.

Have a look at simplified_gmdrugs.sql in the CVS. It helps running a "diff" between it and gmdrugs.sql.

There are not many (and no substantial !) changes, yet it already showed a noticeable performance benefit with the Australian MIMS database I imported as a test case.

I believe in the evolutionary process of "growing" gmdrugs.sql a few logical errors and inconsistencies sneaked in and unneccessarily complicated the schema.

Horst