Re: [Gnumed-devel] simplifying gmdrugs.sql

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] simplifying gmdrugs.sql
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 12:49:52 +1100

Ian Haywood wrote:
Two points:

- it appears that some drugs have more than ATC code, as they
have multiple therapeutic uses, I will look for some examples.

IMHO, some drugs *should* have more than one ATC code, but the ATC classification does not allow this (see WHO reference I gave on drugref.org). I had the impression that the PBS guys were allocating a "secondary reference" ATC code for that purpose, and we might do the same. However, sticking to the rules, any given drug has only *one* ATC code regardless of multiple different indications and possible classifications.

Horst