Re: [Gnumed-devel] patient search functionality revisited

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] patient search functionality revisited
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 19:54:08 +1100

On Sat, 4 Jan 2003 08:44, you wrote:
> Might want to be able to type in their Clinic Patient ID #, DOB,
> National Patient ID, etc.

Sure. If DOB is entered, it is recognized as such and used in the search. For
all other (non-parseable) purposes, we can have a row of buttons besides the
combo box where you enter the search term.
search term + "Enter" activates default,
search term +"Tab" + "Enter" the next preferece and so on.

> Also an issue with security for patients who don't want others to be
> able to see their record at all (celebrities, politicians).  I helped to
> implement a concept called "break the glass" for an EMR vendor in USA,
> that I can forward specifications to you.

Please do, preferrably to the list so that all of us can benefit

Horst