Re: [Gnumed-devel] backend dump

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] backend dump
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 11:49:27 +0100

> We provide a dump of a monolithic database system (gnumed not making use of
> distributed services), so that the user can simply install & configure the
> lot with one single command from one single file.
Sounds reasonable. The next generation of bootstrap-* will do
"just that" (it hasn't been finalized yet but is actively
being worked on). It will sport several preconfigured config
files such as:
 monolithic-no_data.conf
 monolithic-test_data.conf
 test_data-only.conf
 monolithic-test_data-de.conf
 german-translations.conf

All this is nearly the same except for merely changing a few
options and adding a few files to the schema definition list.

> I would further suggest that for starters we may limit the dumps to the
> English version.
For a test dump English may suffice, I guess. After all,
changing to another language involves nothing more than
importing a few inserts from a language specific file.