Re: [Gnumed-devel] Little BMI Calc Fix + what looks like more 'SetFont'

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Little BMI Calc Fix + what looks like more 'SetFont' problems
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 13:31:14 +0100

> Me too. Whenever somebody makes a change that requires a new 3rd party
> library
> version or tool, he should please advertise this pn the list. Not even I was
> aware that PyPgSQL.PgSQL.PgArray was suddenly used
True enough. I didn't realize it until it was too late. Also
it didn't matter until I started to actually use the array
code ...

> This feature causes incompatibilty with other DB adapters, though this
> shouldn't really matter now that we have decided to go all the way with this
> one.
Yes and no. I added a bit of a stub for abstraction - the
cfgSQL object gets a handle to the DB API (I need to make that
a handle to the PgArray object) and can thus use that API's
array object as long as it has the same syntax. OTOH, using
arrays is sort of tying us to PostgreSQL, too.