Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmConf

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmConf
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 13:08:43 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> IMHO we can remove gmConf.py. Its dict conf{} needs to be
> moved, however, to some place like, say, gmGuiBroker.py.
>
> gmclient_config.sql can go, IMHO, too.
Fine, I will try to move everything within the next days.

BTW, how do we want to create option names ? gmPlugin just uses a flat
name ("plugin load order"). We could simulate option trees (Ian suggested
this, too) by using somewhat like "plugin.load order" . We should even be
able to search subtrees using queries like

"select ... where name like 'plugin.%%'"

if a option name of type "plugin.*" is given. Shouldn't be to much work to
implement this.

Any comments ?

Hilmar