Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmrecalls.sql

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmrecalls.sql
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 02:15:01 -0500

On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 10:25:18AM +1100, Horst Herb wrote:
> Perhaps we should use some middle ware after all.
> Curently, I am considering writing a high level interface to the demographic
> part of the database, which then would get a XML-RPC plug-on that would allow
> gnumed's "address book" in a very generic way.

I agree, the client will potentially get too 'fat' otherwise.

Richard's GUI: its clearly causing headaches for people, and doesn't look like
it's going to get actively developed
for now (Richard is pretty quiet,  I'm in Wodonga for the next 10 weeks) unless
someone is interested, I propose we
fork it into a separate client, probably more targeted at a Windows audience
(but in wxPython, it would work
anywhere of course)

Ian