Re: [Gnumed-devel] bootstrap*

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] bootstrap*
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 20:10:32 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> I have ci'ed my current (incomplete) bootstrap script in
> test_area/bootrap-ng/ for interested parties to look at.
>
> What is there probably works just that it isn't complete yet.
Looks good to me, especially the service bootstrapping.
The only thing that keeps me from praising it loud is that it crashes
complaining of some import error ("ConstructorError" or something like
that).
Additionally I would suggest to make schema-files non-mandatory on service
setup.
Reason: one might want to include a already running database without
creating it just another time.

BTW, how do we want to handle access rights in distributed databases ?
If the database is on the same server we are fine. But what if they are on
different servers ? Then we will have to manage access rights on these
servers, too. As well we might setup some generic users/groups in these
databases and map gnumed-users to ddb-users.

Hilmar