Re: [Gnumed-devel] limbo table entries

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] limbo table entries
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 14:10:06 +0100

> One more case needs to be taken care of: if anybody but the creator of the
> record attempts to modify the record while in limbo, the ON UPDATE trigger
> needs to clear the limbo flag and audit the manipulation too.

Probably:

- commit+audit limboed 'original' modification
- clear limbo flag
- limbo new modification
- ?send notify "unlimboed_patient_ID" or "forced_limbo_commit_patient_ID"

This would, however, lead to the following situation:

I treat patient A, write a prescription for the front desk to
print out, hurry on to the patient next door without finishing
A's notes (which are, then, in limbo). Meanwhile frontdesk
prints the prescription and thus commits the "printout event".
Now it entirely depends on the granularity whether or not that
will affect the state of my limboed patient A notes.

Karsten

BTW, any "*_changed_PatID" notification must probably
invalidate the patient object's internal cache.