Re: [Gnumed-devel] Images / Patient View

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Images / Patient View
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 00:31:30 +0100

> I removed the background of the images in 'images_gnuMedGP_TabbedLists.py'
> They now blend cleanly with tabs in the Tabbed List in the Patient 'View'.

> I also re-introduced the 'Script' image on to the first
> tab -- it was previous just dead code (--small change in
> 'gmGP_TabbedLists.py').
Thanks. This is the kind of careful combing of the code that's
needed in some parts of our code base. I try to stick to
adding cvs keywords to any file I see changing so over time
all of them will be metadata'ed "properly".

> I have a question related to this...
> Has much thought be given to the lay-out of the Tabbed List?
I suppose yes. On behalf of Richard.

> I think it might make sense to order the tabs to match the
> order of the Toolbar buttons.
Sounds reasonable to me. Richard ?

> Also, it might be better to use 'Prescription writer' button image
> ("Rx") instead of the 'script' image.
Most definitly, IMHO.

> More generally... it might be nice if one could re-size the divisions
> of the Patient view (e.g. temporarily make the 'Tabbed List' larger and
> the 'editing area' (to its left) smaller).
Richard will tell us that the current aspect ratio is
perfectly balanced and proven in day-to-day battle. I tend to
believe his claim. Horst will tell us that wxPython 2.4 added
a wxMultiSash widget which AFAICT should allow the relative
resizing you propose. He'll also add that this part of the GUI
needs some rewrite (not redesign) based on sizert. I should
like to state that, yes, I can imagine resizing areas of the
layout but: keep Richard's aspect ratio as the built-in
default and add a button/short-key "re-aspect" which snaps
back to the default ratios.

> IMHO the scroll bar for the
> Tabbed List is less than ideal (it would be nice to see all the drug
> info at once).
No. Richard knows what he does here.

A clinician can guess a lot of things if presented with parts
of the text. The idea was to display the entire content of a
line in the tooltip when hovered over with the mouse. That'll
require dynamic tooltips, though ... Either updated when
invoked or updating themselves by means of a callback. If you
would like to implement that you are more than welcome.