Re: [Gnumed-devel] edifact import

From: engelbert gruber
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] edifact import
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 17:27:20 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> > i need some edifact import (not for gnumed actually, but i consider
> > a slow move in this direction)
> Hm. Do you have any more specific info on this ? Specs ?
> URLs ? Use Cases ?

does this mean there is nothing yet ?

details:
* www.medicalnet.at replaces faxes and paper, here.
* it folows the magdalena specification (eu or something).
* messages are exchanged by mail (i hope encrypted).
* the files are simple text edifact, could be read with
  python directly or maybe medici, ...
use case:
* the client runs on a windows pc.
* polls a directory for messages to deliver.
* puts newly received messages into another directory.
means i need something to generate messages from db contents
and something to read the received ones and stuff data into db.

i will start soon, as i think that it should be possible to keep
this out of our closed source i would try to do it in python
and maybe it could be used from someone else. germany is not too far from
here.

cheers

--
engelbert gruber