[Gnumed-devel] Tabbed List / Obsolete File ?

From: Michael Bonert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Tabbed List / Obsolete File ?
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 01:59:44 -0500 (EST)

Hi Everyone:

I integrated the icons of the tabbed list into "gmGP_TabbedLists.py";
"gmGP_TabbedLists.py" now no longer depends on "images_gnuMedGP_TabbedLists.py"
How does one obsolete a file on CVS?  --I read somewhere one can't really
delete a file on CVS.

The icon names in "gmGP_TabbedLists.py" were matched with the
names found in:

gmGP_Prescriptions.py   (Rx symbol      """icon_Rx_symbol""")
gmGP_Requests.py        (test tube      """icon_blood_sample""")
gmGP_Measurements.py    (rulers         """icon_Set_Square""")
gmGP_Referrals.py       (pencil         """icon_writing_pen""")
gmGP_Recalls.py         (spitting guy   """icon_talking_head""")
?                       (letter         """icon_inbox""")

I couldn't find a match with the inbox icon.  It is just called
'icon_inbox'.  I changed the 'script' icon into the 'Rx' one.  Take
a look.  :)

I didn't re-order the icons yet...
Generally:
I think the most important 'Tab' should be on top.  I think this is
drugs (--thinking about a US study that said drug prescription errors
/interactions are the more frequent medical error causing death).
I'm planning to re-order the Toolbar icons.  Objections?

---
Which 'Referrals' icon do people prefer?
The tabbed listed has a pencil ("""icon_writing_pen""").
The toolbar has an envelope with an upward arrow """icon_outgoing_letter""".
It seems there was a bit of schizophrenia when the icons were made;
I noticed that 'gmGP_Referrals.py' contains both.

I think the the pencil is better.  I like the icon more.  Also, if
we use the outgoing letter ('icon_outgoing_letter') it may be confused
with the ingoing letter icon ('icon_inbox').  Unless someone objects,
I'm going to change the "Referrals" icon in the toolbar to the pencil
icon ('icon_writing_pen').

Richard -- Some General Comments:
I like the design of GUI.  I can see you've put a good deal of
thought into it.

Michael