Re: [Gnumed-devel] Tabbed List / Obsolete File ?

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Tabbed List / Obsolete File ?
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:13:18 +0100

Hi Michael,

> I integrated the icons of the tabbed list into "gmGP_TabbedLists.py";
> "gmGP_TabbedLists.py" now no longer depends on
> "images_gnuMedGP_TabbedLists.py"
> How does one obsolete a file on CVS?  --I read somewhere one can't really
> delete a file on CVS.
rm my-obsolete-file
cvs remove my-obsolete-file
cvs commit my-obsolete-file

is the sequence to use.

> I think the most important 'Tab' should be on top.
Yes. But what IS the most important tab ? There indeed ARE
patients not taking any medicines ;-))

> I think this is
> drugs (--thinking about a US study that said drug prescription errors
> /interactions are the more frequent medical error causing death).
True, that's why Vista recently rolled out the point of care
barcode scanning for medications. OTOH we won't counter those
errors by placing the medications tab on top but rather by
having a very intelligent prescription module.

> I'm planning to re-order the Toolbar icons.  Objections?
Go ahead. Eventually their order should be configurable
anyways.

> ---
> Which 'Referrals' icon do people prefer?
Your question answers itself. Since you have to ask you are
saying that there is no definite answer. Hence the perceived
schizophrenia in the plugin.

> The tabbed listed has a pencil ("""icon_writing_pen""").
> The toolbar has an envelope with an upward arrow """icon_outgoing_letter""".
> It seems there was a bit of schizophrenia when the icons were made;
> I noticed that 'gmGP_Referrals.py' contains both.
If you closely look at the plugin
base code you'll find that one can hand over an icon name when
getting the plugin icon data ... Just that this isn't used
anywhere yet :-)

> I think the the pencil is better.  I like the icon more.
Sure but it could signify anything. Why should it not mean "i
want to wrote a prescription". Or "documentation of writing
skills" for that matter ?

>  Also, if
> we use the outgoing letter ('icon_outgoing_letter') it may be confused
> with the ingoing letter icon ('icon_inbox').
Well, both arrows are above the envelope. May lead to
confusion, fair enough. How about moving the in-arrow to the
left of the envelope and the out-arrow to the right ?

> Unless someone objects,
> I'm going to change the "Referrals" icon in the toolbar to the pencil
> icon ('icon_writing_pen').
object, abject