Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: bootstrap*

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: bootstrap*
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 10:30:16 +0100

> Idea:  Do *all* things to do as user postgres.  Create user gm-dbowner
> later on (perhaps with random password) and grant all necessary tables
> etc. to this owner.
Well, it is possible to define a user owning a newly created
database. So, that can be done. But, in CREATE TABLE one
cannot specify the owner. So, basically we'd have to go
through all tables, view, functions, rules, indices, sequences
after the fact and reassign their ownership to gm-dbowner.
This isn't even possible for things like functions, not even
on 7.3.

Creating the database as postgres is not a bad idea, though, I
will consider this to simplify the code.

> This should make it possible to bootstrap without typing in any password.
No, unless you show me how to make functions be owned by
gm-dbowner after the fact.