Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmDemographics

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmDemographics
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 02:15:30 -0500

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 12:35:36PM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> Hence, I don't see a problem with having more than one patient
> related notebook plugin. Yes, we currently have duplication of
> functionality but, hey, we can afford that :-))
>
> To me the day-to-day patient search widget is the top-left text
> field. The patient selector notebook widget, however, has it's
gmDemographics is linked to this to display the search results.
It is designed as a quick-view for doctors to have easy access to
essential demographic data. I agree: a dedicated demographic
entering/editing  widget for the frontdesk (as docs usually don't enter
the demographic data) is a good idea.
gmDemograhics should be simplified to its core viewing function.

I disagree that we should gratitously duplicate GUI function: its
wasteful of time and confuses the design.

> several patients (waiting list, merging patients, calculating
> genetic disease propagation risks) but one patient should only
> ever be the active one. To me it seems clear to make the
> distinction: One window == one patient.
Fair enough, the only problem is you have to log in again. Perhaps a
'New window' menu function?