Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmDemographics

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmDemographics
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 12:46:09 +0100

> I disagree that we should gratitously duplicate GUI function: its
> wasteful of time and confuses the design.
We *should* not but *can* without trembling for fear :-)   At
this stage we can still try things here and there. With the
plugin structure we have given the end user considerable
flexibility in the interface layout.

> > several patients (waiting list, merging patients, calculating
> > genetic disease propagation risks) but one patient should only
> > ever be the active one. To me it seems clear to make the
> > distinction: One window == one patient.
> Fair enough, the only problem is you have to log in again. Perhaps a
> 'New window' menu function?
Hm, a nice idea ... Might even be a button next to the patient
search input field, eg. hitting <enter> means
search-and-activate-if-unique-result while hitting the button
means search-and-open-new-instance-with-that-patient. Kind of
like tabbed browsing.