[Gnumed-devel] Re: Tool Tips for Tab Images (?) (Patient - TabbedList)

From: Michael Bonert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Tool Tips for Tab Images (?) (Patient - TabbedList)
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 22:25:56 -0500 (EST)

I'm a little bit further... I made a bad hack
(tooltip_hack_gmGP_TabbedList_d10.py --attached) that with a few small
quirks works for the case of a stand-alone program.  The thinking behind
it is the rambling post of early this morning.

I'm currently thinking about alternatives; the code is not to my
liking.  It has a window decorations dependence -- _very_ bad.
I'm using KDE3.1 with the 'KDE 2' decorations--and also tested with
'Keramik' decorations.  The code can't be integrated into gnumed...
see earlier post (it is unaware of its global position (screen
coordinates) if a module--I see this as an additional problem
that while possible to solve is a _big_ mess).

Does gnumed have a special channel to Robin Dunn (Software Craftsman &
wxPython creator) for feature requests?

I've run-out of ideas and can't help but think changing the wxPython code
is the best path to stable & portable code...

Michael