Re: [Gnumed-devel] I hope this gets through

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] I hope this gets through
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 17:25:22 +1100

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 15:19:29 +1100
sjtan <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've been mindlessly implementing the past history, allergies and script
> behaviour (i.e. neglecting real life) ,  results in the directory
> test-area/sjtan/handler_devel
>
>  if anyone is interested.
> It should run if the login can get past a connection (db access not
> really needed yet).
> Much of the data is hard-coded into lists and dictionaries in
> patient_model.py and stored in the text file in wxpython , so I could
> do some useful testing.

Syan,

I've had I look at this code, and I just can't make head or tail of it.
Why can't we just add event handlers inside the existing file (see
gmDemograhics.py)?
Why is your method easier? What about speed?

Also, it is likely that the exisiting text widgets will be replaced with a
more intelligent widget that can be given a SQL query that it represents
(such as the medication name) and it will automatically fire off queries to
auto-
complete its values. We only need one handler for when the user and 'finished'
the form
(script, allergy, whatever) to insert new data (which is in any case probably
little more
than an SQL INSERT command.)

Ian