[Gnumed-devel] Re: I've sort of got a debian install going

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: I've sort of got a debian install going
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 12:59:55 +0100 (CET)

There are englisch ISO images at http://www.knopper.net ...

> language and start playing with it. Got onto the web via my smoothwall with
> no problems, so I'll visit some debian sites to learn.
To install Debian from Knoppix it not really the best idea.  It is
possible to do so but it is not really the main purpose of Knoppix.
I'd suggest to get a real Debian ISO and install this.  Keeping some
of the configuration files created by Knoppix might be a good idea
(especially /etc/X11/XF86Config) because the current stable Debian
has no auto detection (the next release will fix this but it is
far from ready)

> Any idea's about the files?
What files?

Kind regards