Re: [Gnumed-devel] Where to start with gnumed

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Where to start with gnumed
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 00:32:27 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Horst Herb wrote:

> Example:
> Richard wants to implement his social history widget. He needs information
> about identity and profession of that identity.
> 1.) He writes a module "xcIdentityServer"
> 2.) He adds to the methods of class xcIdentityServer.Service "GetPerson",
> GetProfession", "SetProfession"
> 3.) He writes a white paper about it
> 4.) He submits white paper and xcIdentityServer to CVS
> 5.) He announces this on the mailing list (If he is wise, he posts a RFC fisrt
> to the list and implments *after * the discussion)

Given the fact that discussion is the only way to connect our human
distributed services (aka brains) I would suggest to make publication
of a RFC mandatory and accept it only after there is a general agreement
on it.
After all we want the RPC-API to be backwards compatible. Nothing is worse
than having to be compatible to a broken first implementation.

Hilmar