Re: [Gnumed-devel] Document Viewer plugin crash

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Document Viewer plugin crash
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 19:58:25 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> > > Are you getting _any_ log output at all ?
> > That's all I get:
> > ./startGnumed: line 4:  3110 Speicherzugriffsfehler  python
> > $GNUMED_DIR/wxpython/gnumed.py --debug >&gnumed.log
I finally found the bug: have a look at gmShowMedDocs at the very end of
plugin initialization in ReceiveFocus: seems that the tree in cDocTree
wasn't initialized (thus None) and the next call to a wxPython internal
method (SelectItem) tried to do something with this None-Object. Obviously
this error was not caught by Python and materialized in some c++ function
leading to a crash.

Hilmar