[Gnumed-devel] Re: Postgres meta data

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Postgres meta data
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 08:34:47 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Horst Herb wrote:

> I have uploaded a small utility that demonstrates hwo to make use of Postgres
> meta data from Python.
> If yo run it as a standalone, it will provide a similar HTML output as
> postgresql-autodoc
> It lives in test-area/hherb/PgMetaData.py
Very nice tool.  Currently I have no time for debugging but I will not hide a
problem, thought:

~> python PgMetaData.py InfluenzaWeb > Influenza.html
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "PgMetaData.py", line 266, in ?
    pk = list_primary_key(con, table)
  File "PgMetaData.py", line 166, in list_primary_key
    return int(pk[0])-1
ValueError: invalid literal for int(): 1 2 3

I hope to get the problem fixed myself soon and send a patch but currently I
could only provide the table structure as SQL statements if somebody is
interested ...

Kind regards

        Andreas.