Re: [Gnumed-devel] patient search widget timings

From: richard terry
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] patient search widget timings
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:30:51 +1100

On Friday 28 March 2003 12:35 pm, you wrote:
> > It's interesting that it is so slow just to return a straight list of
> > fields like name, surname, dob etc.
>
> How long *does* it take to bring up a list of 200 patients ?

Entering * or *,* takes approx 1.5 seconds to bring up list box of
5,500+patients ordered by surname inc name surname, dob, address, suburb.
This is  MS2.0 table from Pracsoft, linked to my Access7.0 database.
Interestingly if I do the query from within Access7.0 it is instantaneous so
I couldn't measure the time.