[Gnumed-devel] Re: GnuMed & Mandrake Linux 9.1 :O)

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GnuMed & Mandrake Linux 9.1 :O)
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 09:52:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Michael Bonert wrote:

> I made an install guide for Mandrake 9.1 and appended it to
> ../doc/TODO/user-manual.txt
>
> The objective was to make it that a trained monkey with
> some basic computer skills can install GnuMed.  Constructive
> critism, comments and praise are as always welcome.
I would think it would be more sane to build an RPM instead of
writing installation instructions.  I never dealt with building
RPMs but I doubt that it is hard for somebody who is able to
write a fine installation instruction.  In principle it should
be just coding the instructions.  Perhaps it might be helpful
to have a look at the (not yet finished :-() Debian packaging
stuff.

Regarding to my efforts for the Debian-Packages I have the following
todo-list:
 1. Finishing Debian-Med paper
     http://people.debian.org/~tille/debian-med/talks/paper/debian-med.html
    and translating it into German
 2. a) Building GnuMed packages from fresh CVS checkout
    b) Caring for Knoppix mastering system
 3. Mastering a Knoppix-Med including GnuMed

Priority of 2a and 2b will be adjusted due to the actual needs.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.
John F. Kennedy