Re: [Gnumed-devel] demographic API

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] demographic API
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 16:04:40 +0200

> Have a look at the draft in gnumed/test-area/hherb/gmDemographicService.py
The query QDescribe is truly awesome.

> Any major problems with this approach?
Not that I can see right now.

If this is developed a bit further, eg. adding a default auth
method that successfully authenticates only if it can open an
appropriate connection (ro or rw) with data supplied by the
connecting party I would actually think we might be able to
put it to use. The default auth would a) ensure we can still
log who did what in the database and b) give us close to the
same level of authentication we have now.

The second prerequisite for use is for me to demonstrate use
of this as an imported module instead of as a server.