Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed with Debian sid

From: David Guest
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed with Debian sid
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 15:42:24 +1000

Robert William Hutton wrote:

Should I write up a HOWTO for Debian similar to the Michael's Mandrake one?

Yes. :-)

This would supplement Andreas' and Karsten's efforts.

Oh, yes. A suggestion: Write up a README file and put it in the root of the Gnumed CVS. It should have the absolute basic information for people who are complete n00bs to the project. Stuff like:

- What GnuMed is for.
- Where the user docs are.
- Where the developer docs are.
- The urls of the project.
- Licensing info and location of the GPL.txt file in CVS.
- Stuff I've forgotten.

It took me ages just scrabbling around trying to find the most basic information, and I think this'd help.

I volunteer to write one up if people thing it's a good idea.

Keeping up to date with gnumed is not too bad if you follow the list but starting from scratch is quite daunting as you have described. A HowTo would be great, Robert.

David