Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Gnumed-devel Digest, Vol 5, Issue 7

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Gnumed-devel Digest, Vol 5, Issue 7
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 12:39:08 +0200

Syan (correct spelling ?),

> I looked at the openehr site, and it is in construction. It doesn't have
> any non-generalizing , non-push-my cart documents.
OK. I thought you missed it particularly since you were
putting more research into GEHR which was superceded by
OpenEHR. I suppose, OpenEHR is the most promising candidate
for things like terminologies/structured data.

> I looked at snomed-ct
> but there's something about a license with this one, but it looks
> promising: ?
Yes, the license issue is there. It was just a hint as to
where terminologies come from.

re icd-9/10 search:

A good/smart/fast search for that is needed but should IMHO
work against db tables.

> How about writing a tool to parse the icd9 file into relations , anyone
> want me to have a go ? (don't care?) .
I think this would be very useful.

> Q. what is the optimal  structure of the table(s), as the icd9 text is
> like a wide, short tree.
Hm, a starting point would be the table we already have in
gmClinical. Sort of a Must-Read is "The Endangered Medical
Record. Ensuring Its Integrity in the Age of Informatics" by
Slee, Slee, Schmidt (good summary googleable). GnuMed would
certainly greatly gain from your implementation work in this
area. So by all means go for it.